I don't even know where to start... After a lot of though I decided to make more than one post for this amazing series! Since it's the Japanese sewing week and I'm live on the first day... I will go on and make some Japanese sewing days here too
otherwise this post would look more like a Japanese encyclopaedia. Since the day I knew this series was going to happen that I've decided to make a mini collection for my daughter... and why not show all the Japanese patterns living in our house? (that still fit, because there was plenty more)
I was in doubt of showing you the below... It's pathetic!
My Japanese wardrobe
Since Teresinha has the nicest and the more complete one (more than one book for her) I will leave it for last (I know you wanted me to start with hers... you will have to come back tomorrow ;-)
My Japanese wardrobe: both 1. and 2. are from the same book. Until not long ago I only had the book below...
1. I've blogged about it HERE. I've been using the shirt so much. I can say it's the piece of clothe I've made for me that I've used the most. I just love it! The style, the fabric, and the way it fits... Perfect!
2. Never blogged about it and the only picture I have of this tunic it's me covered in coffee! I spent the entire day looking like this and people though it was normal! Can you believe it?!?!
3. I was wearing the dress when I went to my closet to get all the Japanese clothes I own.. Silly me! I didn't realised I have 3!!! This is the dress that made me want to have the book (It's the one on the cover)! I love the fabric... I just found THIS great shop!
Tks Fatima for the present (she gave me the book)! I just love this book. I want to make every single pattern in it!
The other day I bought this one. Looks promissing! Can't wait to start and increase the ridiculous number of Japanese garnments in my closet!
That's all for today! You are probably tired of reading me! Come back tomorrow for some more japanese sewing....
Sara organized all of it and there's a link up so you can play along too :). All details HERE!
There is an AMAZING giveaway running along with this tour !
There will be three lucky winners among all of the lovely readers. Each winner will win one of the following prizes:
- One pack of 2 two Japanese Sewing books from Tuttle Publishing
- One pack of 2 two Japanese Sewing books from Tuttle Publishing- A $40 fabric voucher from Urban Sew
In a Manner of Sewing | Conversas de Hermanas | Pequenos e Verdes | Climbing the Willow
Bartracks and Singletrack | S is for Sewing | Sew Happy | Mamacosesola
Fairies, Bubbles & Co. | Sewing Like Mad | As it Seams | Sewing For Mini Me
La Folie Sewing Booth | Just Add Fabric | Blogless Anna | Sweeter Than Cupcakes | Needle and Ted | Miss Castelinhos | Made by Toya | Lil Luxe Collection | House of Estrela
Patty Made It | Paisley Roots | Rita Pirolita | Call Ajaire
So-cal Sewing Mom | Kiwi Crafty Chemist | Sew Shelly Sew | Made by Sara